Thursday, August 29, 2013

Flushing China town, Main Street

Main Street, Flushing, the final stop on Subway 7 line looks, feels and smells like a small city in Asia.  I am familiar with Asian countries since I grew up in Korea and finished my junior high school there.  When I was an Army dentist, I traveled to China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Japan.  The cultures of Asia feel familiar to me.  The moment I set foot on Main Street, I am in China even if my phone GPS service shows me that I am in New York, USA. There are so many Asian faces, signs with Chinese character on buildings And chatter in various dialects fills the air.

Flushing, NY has a lot of Asian charms.  Maybe that is why I opened up an office in Flushing, Queens. Outside of dentistry, my hobby is dancing and a sporadic visits to gym.  My fiancé and I have tight work schedules and we spend our free time together finding hidden gems to visit in New York.

Over the next few weeks, I'll post my favorite places in Flushing for dim sum and cheap breakfast,  which jewelry stores I go to look at beautiful jades, recommendations on beauty salons and spas, and where to find custom-made clothing-All the things that I find make Flushing unique. I hope people make their way to Flushing and find their own favorites.